Sunday, August 5, 2007

Installing funplug-0.3 on the D-Link DNS-323

It took me a while to figure out how to get telnet access on the DNS-323. I'm a FreeBSD user, not a linux user. Even though the problem seems silly to me now, I will still blame it on the fact that this device runs linux instead of FreeBSD. Ok, enough rambling, here is how I installed funplug-0.3 on the DNS-323.

Download funplug-0.3.tar.gz from hxxp://www.inreto.de/dns323/fun-plug/0.3/

Extract the two files "fun_plug" and "fun_plug.tar" using WinZip onto Volume_1 of the NAS.

I then modified the "fun_plug" file using SCiTE4AutoIt3 by adding an extra space character on line 2. Changed the file format to UNIX (LF) type and saved the file.
I then removed the extra space character from line 2 and re-saved the "fun_plug" file.

Reboot.

What happens next is the fun_plug script extracts the fun_plug.tar file into its necessary folder and then launches the telnet daemon.





---------------------------------
www.CrazyOutdoorSports.com

No comments: