Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Mounting External USB Drive on DNS-323 with Readonly NTFS

I was successfully able to mount my 100GB USB drive formatted with NTFS in read only mode recently.

I began by creating a mount point.

mkdir /mnt/ext

Next, using the funplug-0.3 system previously installed I loaded the modules.

insmod /mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/bin/modules/2.6.12.6-arm1/usb-storage.ko
insmod /mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/bin/modules/2.6.12.6-arm1/ntfs.ko

Then I plugged in my usb drive and typed

dmesg

I looked throught the list to locate the device name. Mine is "sdc". Then I mounted the partition.

mount -t ntfs /dev/sdc1 /mnt/ext

After I was done with the drive I unmounted it.

umount /mnt/ext

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!

I see this is a quite old post, but I would need the ntfs.ko file, and have no luck with google. Could you tell me where to download it from? For DNS-323...

--Trifo

Martin Hudík said...

hi,

try this...

http://dev.skcserver.de/dns323/modules_v1.03/kernel/fs/ntfs/ntfs.ko

martin

Martin Hudík said...

once again...

ntfs.ko