Monday, August 6, 2007

Modding Cron on the D-Link DNS-323 using funplug-0.3

Well, I have successfully adjusted the timezone script on my DNS-323. I want to modify my crontabs without writing to flash memory so I edited my fun_plug file to inlude this code:


#Replace Cron Jobs
crontab -r
echo '*/10 * * * * /usr/sbin/getdhcp&' > /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
echo '*/30 * * * * /mnt/HD_a2/fun_plug.d/start/timezone.sh start' >> /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
crontab /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root

2 comments:

Mike said...

To combine the TZ script and correct the time drift I changed my fun_plug script and inserted the following lines


# #SET correct Timezone on every boot ** BEGIN **
#SET the TZ for Berlin

TZ=CET-1CEST-2,M3.5.0/02:00:00,M10.5.0/03:00:00
export TZ

#Adjust Clock 'ticks' to account for drift or RTC time
${BINDIR}/busybox adjtimex -t 9960

# Replace CRON jobs and append sntp job for executing every hour at x.03 o'clock
# # Write RTC time from system time every day at 2.32 a.m.

crontab -l |sed -e '/rtc\ -c/d' -e '/daylight/d' -e 's/rtc\ -s/rtc\ -w/g' -e '$a03 * * * * /usr/sbin/sntp -r -P no de.pool.ntp.org &' |crontab -
# executing the time protocol every boot to set correct time during boot up process
/usr/sbin/sntp -r -P no de.pool.ntp.org 1>${LOGFILE} 2>&1 &

# #SET correct Timezone on every boot ** END **

techblog357 said...

Thanks for the excellent info about timezoning the fun_plug.




---------------
I gotta plug this site because these toys are really cool
      paintball grenade